Reporting to the Executive Director, the Veteran Employment Director will have overall responsibility for aligning the strengths and priorities of Employer's, job seeking Veterans, Spouses, and NCServes Employment Providers. She/He will accomplish this by implementing a strategy of shaping relationships, operationally executing engagement between groups, and oversight of the tactical execution of Veteran and Spouse employment opportunities. The Employment Director will partner closely with all members of VBH to create an integrated strategy focused on employment outcomes. Operating in a matrixed-collaborative environment, the Employment Director will partner closely with both employment partners and non-profit employment provider partners. The Employment Director will leverage the VBH Board of Directors and the Executive Leadership to increase employer relationships and non-profit employment provider partners' impact. The Employment Director will also utilize a Collective Impact approach to address the complexity of Veteran employment challenges. She/He will do this by enabling the 5 conditions necessary for Collective Impact success, 1) develop a common agenda, 2) ensuring continuous communication, 3) facilitate mutually reinforcing activities, 4) establish shared measurement, and 5) grow a sustainable and strong backbone thru key partnerships. Finally, work alongside the VBH Advancement Department to identify and engage corporate and public partners who have capacity for and interest in investing in successful Veteran & Spouse employment outcomes.
· U.S. Military Veteran or Spouse; with first-hand experience in military and transition
· Bachelor's degree required with a master's degree being preferred.
· Strong executive presence
· Strong relationship management skills with the confidence, energy, and poise to work with all levels/positions of internal team members and external clients.
· Excellent project management and planning skills.
· Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment with a strong sense of urgency.
· A strong desire and passion to assist Veterans.
· Experienced in developing recruitment strategies and processes.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent facilitation/coaching skills
· Strong customer experience/influencing skills.
· Strong analytics capability with a demonstrated understanding of how data translates to influencing business decisions.
· Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of web-based applicant tracking systems.
· Experience in a corporate talent acquisition environment preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $61,000.00 - $71,000.00 per year